Monday, April 15, 2013

A Sad Day


As i type this post, the cause that prompted me to write this post saddens me. It could have been so much different. it was just a normal day this Monday morning, Houston was getting hotter by the hour and thus announcing the onset of spring on the city and it all changed as i saw the horrible news on TV. Another bomb attack, again an attack on innocent individuals making a mockery of the civilized world we live in. What have we become?. I thought the society that we lived in was never filled with barbarians. Have we become so barbaric that such attacks keep taking place. I come from a country, India, which has seen some of the worst terrorist attacks in the the last two decades. As the horrifying images flickered on screen, the screams and the scenes brought back sad memories. Memories of youth that had been scarred by seeing these attacks happening in various cities. Somehow the world i remember used to be a very peaceful place devoid of tensions and hatred. 

          The perpetrators of this heinous crime are still to be caught and the law is taking its own course. But like millions in the world, my prayers and feelings go out to the people in Boston who are suffering and going through this terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to families who were waiting for their respective family member to finish the marathon so that they would meet them and congratulate them. What have they done to deserve this?. Among those that the blast consumed, was an 8 yr old boy. Just the thought of him going through this sends a chill down my spine. I have been seeing the analysis of the facts of the case and comments on security lapses and so forth. Although this is very important and needs to be addressed, What bothers me the most is 3 people have lost their lives in such a way that no one in this world deserves too. 
            
            The more i see and hear about these attacks the more aggrieved i feel as with every innocent life lost i feel that I've lost a part of myself. With that lets hope that the Almighty gives strength to the people going through this ordeal. And having seen thousands of people losing their lives to such attacks  I will pray tonight in the hope that civility returns to the world, and it becomes a better place as all we strive for is a little bit of peace. 

I will be praying and i hope you do as well.
-AK

No comments:

Post a Comment